Thursday, April 21, 2016

DeLorean mirror switch fix

When I was fixing my stuck DeLorean driver's side door, the poor mirror switch came apart.
 The back side where all the wires connect came apart from the rest of the body, spilling the internal guts of little bearing-like metal pieces and electrical connections. I tried in vain for a couple of hours to get it all back together, but I was unsuccessful.

After posting a question to the online DeLorean community on how to get it back together successfully, a member told me that he had a Saab switch that was a great replacement for the DMC version, and he would give it to me for free as long as I paid for shipping. It arrived from Texas a few days later and it hooked right up to the existing connections and works flawlessly.

Here it is all installed:

When I was fixing the stuck door, it might have been the first time that I had personally had the lower door panel off the driver's side door and I couldn't help but notice all of the foam that had been put in the panel around the door vent. After inquiring about this online, this wasn't done at the factory, but by a previous owner in an attempt to make the door vent work better. Luckily, it's one of those things that I don't have to look at when I drive the car, so I won't worry about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment