Friday, April 22, 2016

DeLorean Automatic Antenna Replacement #2

Back in 2012, I bought and installed a Legacy LN46 automatic antenna, as outlined here.

That antenna was crap and wouldn't go down all the way unless you pushed it down for the short period of time that the motor tried to put it down after turning off the radio. I knew that it had to go shortly after installing it.

Another DeLorean owner informed me of an antenna that he had used successfully, so I found and bought a Metra 44-PW22B on ebay. I never did like the chrome look of the Legacy LN46 antenna and was pleased that the Metra unit came with a black mast.
 
It took me a while to get the antenna as straight as possible since my car has a car alarm siren in the cubby where the antenna goes. It made for very difficult working angles and it took me an entire afternoon before it was lined up in a way that I was happy with. I didn't take pics since it was nearly the same process as I had posted about before. Here's a video of it working properly going both up and down. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment