Thursday, September 2, 2021

Another new DeLorean spare tire

As I've been working on many parts of the car, I've spent a lot of time in the front trunk working on the fuel pump area and noticed that the "new to me" spare that I got back in 2012 was no longer holding air.

I checked the tire code and saw that is was manufactured around 15 years ago, so I thought the better thing to do was to see if I could find a new one instead of trying my luck again at the pick-a-part. To my surprise, Discount Tire had a Khumo tire in the right size (125/70-15D). It was a special order, but it arrived in a few days.



I simply had to take my spare wheel in, dropped it off, and picked it up the next day. So now I at least have a known good spare with manufacture date of late 2020 (52nd week of 2020). Here's hoping I never have to use it!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment