Friday, August 16, 2013

New DeLorean Luggage Compartment Hood Struts

The luggage compartment hood struts on the car have been strong enough to keep the luggage compartment open, but had lost the strength to "push" it open. Even the previous owner noted that he was going to replace them, but sold it to me before he had a chance. This has been a very low priority item for me since I have owned the car, but I decided to finally get it done.

In a previous post, I noted how when I ordered them from DMCMW, I was mistakenly sent rear louvre struts. Julee at DMCMW was so great and quickly sent me correct struts as well as a return label to ship back the incorrect louvre struts. They arrived at my house by the next weekend and I was able to swap them out in about 10 minutes.

The hood now goes up much easier with these bad boys installed. Here is one of them in its new home:


No comments:

Post a Comment