Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ready to replace DeLorean headliners

The headliner in the doors has seen better days. They look like they were replaced by a previous owner at some point in time and that they didn't do a very good job of making sure the new headliner was tight. There are also some spots that are faded or appear bleached.

Here they are prior to removal:

 Some DeLorean owners have found cool writing or "cave drawings" on the back side of the stainless steel body panels or under the headliner. My car didn't have anything noteworthy:
Upon another owner's recommendation, I went to Joann's Fabric to see if I could find a replacement headliner that I could use. I took one of my headliners with me to see how closely the color matched up. The two stores I went to had only three colors to choose from: black, gray, and tan. I wasn't pleased with how the gray compared to the one currently in my car. It seemed to be too different of a shade of gray for my liking, so I passed.

The pics below show the new roll of headliner at Joann's that I didn't buy on the left with the current liner on the right, comparing the back and front side of the headliner panel in case the front side had faded:


Since I have the headliners removed, I am motivated to find and install a color that I like. Stay tuned for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment