Monday, June 10, 2013

2013 Happenings

Some life-changing things have happened since my last update, but not much has happened to the DeLorean. We moved into a new home and are expecting our first child, so the DeLorean has taken a back seat to more important things.

Since replacing the driver side lower ball joint and restoring a rusty headlight bucket, I really haven't done much work to it. A few weeks ago, I drove the DeLorean to work for only the 2nd time ever. My daily driver was out of commission and I didn't feel like taking public transportation for nearly 30 miles one way. The car was a hit with my coworkers that hadn't seen it before. I snapped a couple of pictures of it in the parking lot. See if you can find it in this picture:

 photo 2013-05-10144324_zpsc3ce7eca.jpg  

If you couldn't find it, here is a zoomed in picture:
 photo 2013-05-10144331_zps94a19e70.jpg  

I've also been trying to diagnose two problems that are not important, but would be nice to resolve: the interior lights not going on and off when the doors open and close, and squeaky door hinges when the doors are opened. I posted videos of the problems on YouTube and received some helpful insight that I have yet to try. Here are the videos explaining the problems:




No comments:

Post a Comment