Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Local Car Show June 2013

My wife and I entered a free and local car show that was just for fun with no awards. Got a free t-shirt out of it. Below are some pictures of how we set up our car for the show:

 photo 2013-06-21202049_zps214a220f.jpg 

 photo 2013-06-21202058_zpsd2b2bb1c.jpg 

The next picture shows the current interior. Notice the nice floor mats, the refurbished cargo net, and the stainless steel shifter ball that I traded with another DeLorean owner:
   photo 2013-06-21202110_zps02ae7601.jpg 

It was a fun show without much drama. There were a lot more fingerprints on the car this show than in previous shows, despite the four "look but don't touch" signs on the car. We actually made it about an hour into the car show before someone mentioned a flux capacitor, although many had referenced the movie up to that point.

Below are some of the other comments that I heard:
  •  It's a DeLorean!
  • The Back to the Future car!
  • These things are really heavy, right?
  • DMC = Do More Coke
Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. I'll have to take a pen and paper next time and write them down as I hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment