Friday, July 6, 2012

Car Show & Parade

The evening before the 4th of July, my home town hosts a local car show. Last year I was unable to bring the DeLorean because it was in the middle of being repaired, so this was the first time that I had the opportunity to bring it to the show in the town where I grew up. I had been looking forward to this car show ever since last year. It was a much smaller show than others that I had attended so far this year, but that was just fine.

The problem with having a car show in July 3rd is the heat. It was definitely a hot day, but it was still loads of fun having people I had known for a long time be able to see the DeLorean for the first time. This was definitely the first time a DeLorean had attended the local show. At the very end of the show, some kids of our friends wanted to sit in the car, so we took off all of the "Do Not Touch" signs and let them have a seat:

Photobucket 

As you can see in the photo above, we brought our miniature DeLorean model and some hot wheels and had them on display in the car. We ended up giving a couple of the hot wheels to those kids. I snapped a couple of other photos before we left the show:

Photobucket 



Photobucket 

The next morning, we drove back out to my home town to be in the local 4th of July parade. We stuck a couple of flags in the rear, in the intake and antenna vents, and drove with the doors up while we threw candy to the kids. It was such a blast.

My parents still live in my home town and they took some pictures when we drove by, as well as provided us with some nice cold water:

Photobucket 
 
Photobucket 
 
Photobucket 
 
Photobucket
My nephew even rode along for about 10 feet and got to throw out some candy:

Photobucket 
 
Photobucket 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Being an avid Back to the Future fan, I cannot express how much I envy you right now. I’ve always wanted to own a Delorean ever since I was a teenager and well, I never got the chance to. But, I’ve heard DMC is going to release new Deloreans again. I’m just not sure when. Anyway, the love and care that your car receives is truly evident. It’s so shiny like it’s just been bought. Amazing!

    Ivo Beutler

    ReplyDelete