Saturday, March 12, 2022

Installed DeLorean radiator bleed kit

 With the complete removal and installation of the engine, nearly all of the coolant had been drained from the system and I didn't want any funny business with getting it put back together. My car already had the automatic bleeder kit installed and it had worked great for the last decade or so, but I had never had the radiator bone dry. For peace of mind, I bought a radiator bleed kit from DMCMW and installed it in less than 10 minutes.

It hooks into the small upper line coming off the radiator on the passenger side of the motor. You just cut out an inch or two of the line, install the T-fitting, tighten the clamps, and you're good to go. 

Here's what the line looks like before the install:

Here it is after the install. It comes with the clear tube so you can see when bubbles stop coming out when you are bleeding it:


You can remove the clear tube, if you'd like. After I filled the system up with coolant, I opened the t-fitting and quite a bit of air came out. I later opened it again after running the car for a while and was surprised at how many more bubbles came out, even with the automatic bleeder in the engine bay. That proves to me that this wasn't a terrible idea to put on my car after all. So far, the cooling system is working well, getting up to temperature, and the system is pressurizing, so I'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment