Monday, December 24, 2012

Replacement DeLorean Brake Master Cylinder

One of the first repairs that I did on the DeLorean after I first bought it was replacing the brake master cylinder. When I bought the DeLorean, I knew that it was in need of replacement. I had to pump the brake pedal to build up enough pressure to stop. This job was very straightforward and I didn't take any pictures. I just had to have something to catch the brake fluid that came out when I removed the two brake lines from the master cylinder. I then unbolted the master cylinder from the power/servo unit.

I then removed the original fluid reservoir and cleaned it out with brake cleaner before installing it on the new master cylinder. I then bench bled the new master cylinder before installing it into the car. I then hooked up the brake lines into the new master cylinder before bleeding the brakes at all four wheels. I prefer to bleed the brakes with someone else helping me by pushing on the brake pedal.

The brakes immediately felt better after going out for a test drive. Here is a picture from underneath the car of the new brake master cylinder:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment