Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Fixed DeLorean engine compartment light

There are a few things that have never worked on my DeLorean since I bought it in 2011. One was the interior dome lights that wouldn't come on when the doors opened, which I recently fixed, and another was no functioning engine compartment light. My car hasn't even had a bulb in the light housing since I bought the car. 

I bought a correct light, installed it in the housing, but it wouldn't turn on. I then noticed that the switch had separated, so I took it all the way apart, cleaned the contacts on the inside, then glued it back together to keep it from separating again. I was then pleasantly surprised that the light came on for the first time ever, but it only works if the switch is wiggled just right, indicating that the switch will need to be replaced. It was a pretty easy diagnosis and repair, but never one that was high on my priority list.



No comments:

Post a Comment