Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Surprise

The weekend after I had driven the DeLorean home, my wife’s family was having a BBQ and we thought it would be the perfect time for the DeLorean to make its debut. It was so fun to see the reactions on everyone’s faces when they saw the car. Both of her brothers were so fun to talk to about the car and to watch their reactions. I had washed the car earlier that day, but it was covered in finger and hand prints by the time the weekend was over. Something about the stainless steel makes people want to touch it. Here are a few pics of me showing them the new-to-me ride:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While at my wife’s parents’ house, the car developed two problems: the driver door wouldn’t open back up, and the Kenwood DVD/CD player stopped working. Later that night I figured out how to open the door, but the CD player will only work once in a while. I need to likely adjust the rod for the door lock because I can get it to open just fine if I push on the unlock switch while pulling on the door handle. The CD player seems like it will be a pain, but hopefully I’ll be able to figure it out.

The next day, we had dinner at my parents’ house and had a good time surprising my family with the car too. It was a good weekend. Many of my relatives wanted me to take them on a drive in the car; so much of the afternoon was spent doing that. The fuel pump started getting louder after taking some of them for a ride, so I’ll have to look into that. It probably has something to do with the heat because it doesn’t make any noise if the car has been sitting for long time. Here are some pics the day we showed my family the car:
Photobucket
Photobucket
The drive home definitely caused the newness of the car to wear off quickly for me, but I am still super happy with the purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat. My family told me to put the car in my hometown’s annual 4th of July car show, so that should be fun to participate in. I’ve never had a car unique enough to be able to participate in a car show.

No comments:

Post a Comment